Art-Eclect Studio in collaboration with The Art Square Studio Gallery at The Pumpkin House in Langebaan invite you to submit an artwork towards raising funds for a Collar Tracking Project in Hoedspruit.
The exhibition will be hosted in Langebaan at Pumpkin House with an Opening Night on Friday 22nd September 2017, accompanied with wine tasting.
The exhibition dates are 22 – 24 September 2017.
- Closing date for confirmation of participation and Entry : Tuesday 1St August 2017
- Entry fee: R100 per artwork submitted (nonrefundable)
- Collection date of work not sold – Monday 25th September 2017
There are 2 cash prizes:
- First Prize : R2000
- Second Prize : R1000
Conditions of Entry:
- All details of the artist and artwork entry must be submitted via email.
- Once the registration process is complete a reference number will be given for each artwork entry.
- The artwork must be delivered to The Art Square Studio Gallery at The Pumpkin House – 54 Park Drive, Myburgh Park in Langebaan by the 8th September 2017.
- Curation takes place on the actual artwork and not the online submission.
- Failure to deliver the artwork to The Pumpkin House will result in non-participation and no refund of entry fee.
- No late entries will be accepted
Registration forms can be sent to email@example.com by the 1st August 2017.
Theme – Elephants OR their Habitat
- Elephants only – Not the Big Five
- Fauna and Flora of the natural Habitat of the Elephant.
Terms & Conditions
How winners are selected:
All artists, those with formal training as well as self-taught artists, are afforded an equal opportunity to participate in the competition. Three independent curators will be chosen for their particular field of expertise within the visual arts.
The criteria for the curating revolves around:
- With regard to technical implementation it is important that the work of art reveal an expert handling of materials and techniques and are presented in such a way that inform the curators that the candidate was mindful of the work having to stand in its own right as an artwork
- Simultaneously, the conceptual nature of the work is also about the artwork conveying a message that is accessible to the viewer
- A freshness of vision implies that the artwork has to reflect something that is not imitation, but rather engages with new and honest ways of seeing within the context of the theme set.
- The artist has shown a great consideration for the artwork’s ‘look’ in terms of visual quality representing the intended theme.
- The panel of Curator’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Who may enter:
- Local and Western Cape artists
Which works may be entered:
- An entrant may enter ONE artwork only.
- The artwork must have been completed in the last 24 months
- Only an original artwork may be entered.
- Entries in any medium will be accepted.
- An artwork, excluding the frame, must not be smaller than A3.
- Artwork must be of such a nature that they can easily be packed, transported and exhibited – if sent by courier.
- All artwork entered must be for sale. The selling price must remain the same as the selling price reflected on the registration form – A gentle reminder of the cause we support when you price your work – please keep it sellable.
Preparation of works of Art:
- Entrants shall ensure that the artwork is ready for exhibiting.
- Artwork to be hanged must be properly framed with hooks and hanging wire already attached.
- In order to avoid damage to the artwork, it is advisable that the entrants use Perspex covering as opposed to glass.
- The artist’s name and title of the artwork must be clearly attached to the back
- Competition organizers will not be under any obligation to return the artwork after the exhibition.
Dispatch, copyright and sales:
- The entrant is responsible, both practically and financially, for packaging, insuring of the artwork submitted, dispatching to and from Langebaan to The Pumpkin House for preliminary selection.
- Art-Eclect Studio, Elephants Alive and The Pumpkin House reserves the right to reproduce artworks that are entered, without compensation to the entrants, for the advertising of the exhibition and the benefits of the ‘’Cause’’.
- Should any artwork be selected for the final exhibition, the entrant shall not be allowed to withdraw any of the artwork selected for any reason whatsoever.
- All artworks are to be for sale.
- Please bear in mind that 30% of the selling price will go towards ‘’Elephants Alive’’:
- The winning and 13 merit artworks selected will be exhibited in the main Gallery on a silent auction, with opening bid as price indicated.
- Remaining Artworks will also be presented for sale.
Risk, damage and/or loss:
- The organizers in no way accept any responsibility or liability for loss of and/or damage to an artwork.
- Entrants assume all responsibility for arrangements with the organizers for the collection of the work after the exhibition.
Enquiries, Collection Point & Contact Details
- Hanli – The Art Square Studio Gallery at The Pumpkin House: Location for delivery and collection of Artwork – 54 Park Drive, Myburgh Park, Langebaan, 7357 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen – Art Eclect Studio : Coordinator for ‘Elephants Alive’ and Registration of artwork –email@example.com
We are looking forward to your participation…Enjoy, enthuse and inspire!